our backyard

Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I wanted to talk a little more about our Thanksgiving at Matt's new house in DC. Matt, Jenn, Zellie, Glenn, Ike and Molly (their dogs) just moved to Burke, Virginia where he will start working at the Pentagon doing what is called ORSA. I can't remember what it stands for, but I think it is Army Statistics. It was very nice for us to be together on Thanksgiving. Addie came out with my mom and dad and Jenn's sister Erica was staying with Matt and Jenn as well. Erica, Jenn, and Matt prepared a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for all of us. Matt said a nice prayer and we mentioned how lucky we have been as a family. We are not sure what lies ahead, but we do know we have been very fortunate to have the best mom and dad anyone could ever ask for. We had wonderful sunny days and it was so great to meet the newest addition to the DeLoia family, little Glenn! He is a good baby and looks like his big sis.

We all look forward to re-uniting in Duluth for my dad's 66th Birthday on December 22nd. It will be our entire family which will be great and can't wait for us all to be together on a such a special occasion of my dad's birthday and Christmas.

My mom and dad put up a Christmas tree yesterday, yet my dad told me this time it is not in the living room but outside the living room window.  It's going to be a cold gift opening session this year gathering around that tree. I guess the pollen and dust isn't good for my dad.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting this blog, Kimber! And thanks for the Turkey Day shout-out! (We are actually in Fairfax, rather than Burke, but that's a non-issue...)

    I really appreciate that you started this blog. I know we all want to be kept as up-to-date and informed as possible, but don't want to pester your parents with daily phone calls. I hope that your parents find this blog to be a great outlet, as well. (The pictures posted are beautiful!)

    We are very much looking forward to spending Christmas together. The laughter and love will be good medicine for our souls. :)

    Thanks, again, Kimber!

    (As I write this Giselle is having a very in depth conversation with Nana and Papa on her play phone. I think she likes the pictures, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how to do this. Thank you Kimber, for keeping us all updated. This will cut back on daily phone calls, although, I still will call from time to time. I am hoping to see all of you over the Holidays. I miss not getting together as an extended family, but know how big our families are getting. Always so much fun being with everyone.
    xxoo Betsy

    ReplyDelete