our backyard

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to Work Tomorrow

Dear Friends,
Today was another step in this process. After chemo, which takes about 2 hours total, Kimber, Linda and I met for lunch at the Brewhouse. Very busy restaurant, but no "Brews" for me. I am developing such a healthy discipline. After that we had an appointment with the social security office and they made it sound like it is smart to start taking social security checks now as I will probably be unable to work as much as I would like to. There seems to be so many things to think about that I feel overwhelmed at times. Luckily we have a wonderful support network to rely on and if they all are praying as much as they say then I'm sure to be considered for special treatment.
My job now is to keep a positive an healthy attitude. Not so easy. I have a friend, Father Roy LePak, who recommended some books for me to read and I am finding them interesting and helpful. Tonight I took a 2 mile walk, not much, but it feels good to do something physical. Linda's sister Brenda is coming to visit tomorrow so no long faces allowed.

2 comments: