our backyard

Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

It has been awhile since my last post, but I want to be sure to update everyone that is following my dad's condition. We heard good news today! After three weeks of a sinus infection and more symptoms of the cancer such as swollen lymphnodes, etc. he made an appointment with his oncologist here in Duluth for this morning. His name is Dr. Friday and he trained under Dr. Letendre from the Mayo clinic. He has been in communication with Dr. Letendre which makes my dad feel more comfortable. My mom, dad, and I met with Dr. Friday this morning to get the results of his bone marrow (they took a sample yesterday) and nothing has changed which made us all relieved and happy. His blasts are still under 2% which is not bad. Acute cmml is 20% blasts so he is far from this. It was so nice to get this news right before Christmas. In fact, my dad was in such a better mood that he went and bought my mom a very special bracelot. Yeah right, you all know my dad, she had already picked it out. :)  The emotional roller coaster is tough but I am so glad I am able to be here to be with my dad. This is very important to me. He will start treatment on Monday with the Decitabine. I guess this chemo will not be too hard on him.

I will write more later. I have to go and get ready to go out to dinner with the whole family. We are going to the top of the Radisson.

1 comment: