our backyard

Saturday, April 7, 2012

IN THE MOOD FOR AN UPDATE

Obviously, I have been behind in my posts to this blog and some have been gently nudging me to give at least an update of my medical condition. Some people have to get in the proper mood to do certain things and I am definitely one of these people. This is a nice communication tool, this thing we call a BLOG. Where did that word come from?


blog (a portmanteau of the term web log)[1] is a personaljournal published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order so the most recent post appears first. Blogs are usually the work of a single individual, occasionally of a small group, and often are themed on a single subject.


Today I'm feeling good, just working on a tax problem related to my HSA account. I also did some work with Sammy attempting to teach her a few things. My Dad said all dogs are different and this one has a personality that we are still trying to figure out. Tommy and Erik have spent the last two nights with us as we brought them back on our return from Rochester. We will go to Allison's tomorrow and celebrate Easter with her family just for the day. 
As to my condition, my Doctors think we should take a break from the chemotherapy in order for my bone marrow to recover a little. When your marrow is so depressed the risk of infection becomes paramount. This shows that although the therapy is working, there is definitely a need for more treatment when the time is right. For now we are just staying close to home trying to stay healthy. 
We have had so many wonderful gestures of support from both family and friends. These are very meaningful and appreciated by Linda and me immensely . Just by reading this blog you are showing your concern for our family.
Soon another more interesting blog will be posted if the mood comes my way again. It will. Actually I know of at least three English teachers that read this thing and it leaves me a little intimidated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment