our backyard

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sammy

People have been asking about Sammy; how is she doing, is she getting big, etc. Well, she is growing and starting to demonstrate a personality that I think I can count on not to change too much now. Her behavior in the house is excellent, outside might be another story. I use a long lead to keep her in check or she might visit the next County. Actually she is quite well disciplined at almost all times, with the emphasis on "almost". We are both very happy to have this dog as she has been a nice diversion, and even Linda likes being around her a lot. By the way she does retrieve so I'm having that kind of fun too, but behavior is the most important thing at this age. The word is that teaching a Black Lab to retrieve is like teaching a kid to eat ice cream.
Linda and I are heading to St. Simons Island this Saturday to spend the week with some friends that we have been tolerating for about 40 years or longer. We have rented a large house near the beach and we always have a good time. My Dr. gave me the go ahead and so we are taking advantage of a lull in my treatment regimen. Anyway, Tom Dougherty brings enough wine as to be considered a form of treatment in itself. Really, we are quite prudent in our grown up years. Maybe we will overdose on books, dominoes and excellent home cooking.
Sammy at Attention
Gary and Linda

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Dad. I love little Sammy too! You got such a great picture of her. Your blogs are always so fun to read.
    Have a great time in St. Simon Island and I am sure I will talk to you both soon.
    Love, Kimber

    ReplyDelete