our backyard

Monday, June 18, 2012

NBA PREDICTABILITY

MONDAY After my morning appointment at Mayo Clinic, Linda and I drove up to St.Paul to spend the afternoon with Allison and her family. This helps restore some sense of a normal day to our routine. Rochester is a nice town surrounded by very well kept farmland, a growing community with a lot of health care workers, unless they work for IBM. This is all well and good, but even someone with an even personality like me might go a little nuts after a time. As to my physical health it might be best to describe it on a "scale of one to ten". I learned this from my nurses. Are you having any pain? Yes, I have a headache. Can you describe your headache? Well, I've had worse. Can you put a number on it? I guess it's not that bad after all. I was always good with numbers, but ambiguity is a problem for me. Honestly, the care we are receiving is excellent, the nurses are terrific as you might expect. It would be nice to draw a path for my ongoing treatment, yet that is like predicting the NBA finals. If you have paid attention to the series then you know what I mean. Just when you think you have a plan it changes. Sunday morning Linda and I went to Mass, not at the same time as we could not plan even that. This is a good day. Peace to you all, Gary

2 comments:

  1. Gary, Linda, & Family,
    This is Toni LaBonne-Maki a friend of Matt's from high school. I wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know thatbI am thinking about you and praying for you daily. I know hard it is to be away from home, but also how wonderful the care is at the Mayo and Methodist Hospital. Last year at this time I was down there with my husband while he received a stem cell transplant. Know that you will look back at this and be amazed at how far you come through treatment, your bad days get better. Thinking of you all, and Linda make sure to check out Thursdays on First! It will have many of your favorite resteraunts out on the street with music and other entertainment :) Stay strong for each other, and we all will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom D. gave me the link to your blog, upon my request...it's so good to read your thoughts. You, your family, and close friends have all been in our thoughts and prayers. Make sure Sammy gets a hug from me, too! God's continued blessings...Margo ><>

    ReplyDelete