our backyard

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Buon Nuovo Anno

Last week I finished my first session of chemotherapy and it didn't seem too bad. I am left with a mild upset stomach and a feeling that I just have too much medicine in me. As in the days when we siphoned gas and swallowed too much by accident. Or when paint fumes got into your system. Really it is not too bad though and I'm better today than yesterday. Now we have to be sure to not catch any germs as my resistance to infections will fall. We are following Kimber's advice and got outside for some exercise each day this weekend. It really feels good and the weather is invigorating. We even went to Target to purchase some walking weights so my arms will stay nice and big. I'm thinking about some tattoos on my biceps just for the athletic charm. Did you see the Vikings?
I visited with my Dad a little today and he said "Tondo benedizioni", which was very appropriate and I say this to all of you taking the time to read this note. Gary
Almost lost snowshoeing near the the river.

9 comments:

  1. Gary, I'm glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor. Our thoughts are always with you. We hope you continue to feel better over the next few weeks.

    Love, Jenn

    (Would you ever consider a Saints tattoo?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Gary, glad to hear your first round went well. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary,

    I think Joe offered you a "plump blessing". I have my Italian dictionary ready so lets have some more. Buono sera.

    MEO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to snowshoeing with you in two weeks Dad! I hope you feel better every day and I love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish your blog would make more sense, what did you go to Proctor?
    Mrs Knuti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made hotel reservations in Minot so you and Dave can pick me up for our September grouse hunting trip. Drop the weights and carry your shotgun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sense of humor. Keep it up. I think Dad was swearing at you. In Italian, swearing sounds very beautiful, depending on who is saying it. Never know!!! Kidding!!!

    Take care and keep your head up!!!! Although when looking down, you might find a dollar or two.
    Chao

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, you must be feeling great, you look awesome. Whatever it is you are taking, I want some. Glad to see the humor. I can hear you laughing as you do this.

    your youngest sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, Mrs. Knuti was Mom's favorite teacher

    ReplyDelete